January 7, 2015
Nearly all home owners want their homes to be impressive. This extends to having the best window treatment for each window in the house. For many years, people have widely used window shutters to make their rooms comfortable and attractive.
Shutters typically cover the doors and windows of a house. By doing so, they protect the doors and windows from sustaining damage because of heavy rain or strong winds. At the same time, they offer immense levels of security too. They make it very difficult for burglars to break in through the open windows.
Shutters also offer other benefits. For example, you could consider using shutters as a standalone window treatment. Alternatively, you could opt for using shutters in conjunction with other window treatments such as with curtains or drapes too. Shutters do not just help you to block the entry of bright light indoors. They also keep your home well insulated from the cold and heat that normally enters the house through the windows.
Many people prefer shutters to blinds in northwest and western Sydney and other areas too.
The Top Kinds of Shutters Commonly Used Nowadays
Shutters typically comprise a frame with horizontal rails and vertical stiles. They comprise the following categories:
- Interior Shutters: These have hinges on either side of the window openings. People use these for controlling the amount of sunlight entering the room. Some interior shutters also have slats that enable you to control the airflow. In addition, some shutters come with tiers that enable the occupants to keep one part of the shutter open or closed.
- Exterior Shutters: People used these for protecting their home from the elements. These shutters also provide greater privacy levels for the occupants. You could consider hinging these on either side of the windows. Or, you could even mount these shutters on tracks applied to the wall of the building, thereby giving you the functionality of sliding shutters.
Shutters come in three major styles. These include:
- Plantation Shutters: Plantation shutters are very popular in the Penrith and Hills areas particularly in the new housing estates of Jordan Springs, The Ponds, Waterside, Ropes Crossing, Colebee and Greenway estates. These shutters have slats (or louvers) that enable you to control the levels of light by opening or closing them. These shutters also come in various designs and colours. This makes them suitable for use in most spaces in the house.
- Solid Shutters: These shutters exude a more traditional look. They have a solid lower half, with movable slats at the top. You could fold these back during the day or even close them at night. These shutters provide the ultimate in terms of privacy levels. At the same time, they also keep most of the light out. As such, they are ideal for rooms that have a simple and minimal décor. If you have a country cottage, solid shutters could give it a quaint look.
- Café Style Shutters: These shutters typically cover only the lower half of the window. As the name suggests, these shutters are ideal for cafes and restaurants.
- Tier-on-Tier Shutters: These comprise two sets of shutters, with one placed over the other. You could open each of these based on your requirements. These shutters are ideal if you have larger bay windows and enable you to control the entry of light.
Are You Looking for Shutters and Vertical Blinds in Blacktown?
For the best blinds and shutters, rely on Blindman Pty Limited. Since 1989, we have been providing top-notch home décor products to clients all over northwest Sydney. From shutters to timber venetians, we have many types of window treatment to choose from to make a home elegant and stylish.
We offer a variety of packages aimed at builders, investors, new home buyers, etc. In addition, we have very high standards of quality and workmanship. Thus, we give you durable and top quality products, at very affordable rates. Therefore, the next time you need blinds for your house, give us a call at 0403 637 912. Or, you could even get a free quote and a 10 percent discount by booking online.