December 8, 2014
Houses with several windows are beautiful to live in. Not only do they enable the homeowners to enjoy the views outside, they also improve the levels of cross ventilation throughout the house. In addition, they bring in the much-needed natural light indoors as well. This reduces the dependency of the homeowners on artificial light. It helps to minimise their power bills as well.
However, in some situations, having too many windows can be a challenge to decorate. This is because you would need to consider a range of options before deciding on the best product to decorate your windows elegantly and tastefully. For this reason, home owners often need to consider various window treatment ideas to get the best out of their windows.
How Can Home owners Typically Beautify their Windows?
To transform their windows into valuable decorative assets, homeowners typically employ the following strategies:
- Adding Colour: Many home owners paint their window frames with neutral shades. Other home owners mix and match a variety of colours to enliven their windows. This is a personal choice depending on a person’s personal taste.
- Utilising Textures: Some home owners vary the texture of their colours to achieve a subtler look. For example, if you combine rich silk with curtains made of sheer fabric, you could make your windows more visually appealing.
- Benefiting from Cornered Windows: Some houses have two corner windows, typically divided by a strip of corner wall space. By using panels or drapes that converge in that space, these people transform two windows into one continuous window.
- Using Light-Coloured Panels: Many homeowners make their small windows appear larger by installing light-coloured panels. These panels start well above the window and end well below it. In addition, these panels will typically be wider than the window itself.
- Phasing Out the Window Design Stages: Not everyone can afford to complete their window design projects at one shot. This is because window decorations can be quite expensive. Therefore, these people can phase out their window decorations. They could address their privacy and light requirements first. Then, they could proceed to installing aluminium venetians or Holland blinds in their Sydney homes, along with other panelling and draperies.
What are Some of the Most Popular Window Furnishings Used by Home owners Nowadays?
Home owners tend to imbue their homes with their personalities. Therefore, their homes reflect their tastes and preferences. This also extends to the window decorations they install in their homes. Home owners today have a wide range of choices, when it comes to window furnishings. Some of the most popular window furnishings used include:
- Shutters that complement any home décor scheme
- Sunscreen blinds, which are becoming very popular in many homes as they provide daytime privacy while enabling the entry of softly-filtered light indoors
- Roller blinds, immensely popular in Sydney homes, as they are easy to operate and are very cost effective
- Vertical blinds which are very versatile, practical and economical
- Timber style Venetians which are heat and water resistant
- Modern Panel Glide blinds
- Awnings which provide windows and outdoor areas with excellent protection from the heat and sun damage
Are You Looking for Vertical Blinds or Double Roller Blinds in Sydney?
If you need the best quality blinds for your residence, depend on Blindman Pty Limited. Since 1989, we have been among the leading providers and installers of blinds in Sydney. We have blinds and screens of all kinds from which you could choose. These include shutters, café blinds, flyscreens, and safety doors to timber venetians and awnings.
We offer a variety of packages aimed at builders, investors, new home purchasers, schools, commercial premises, etc. We maintain high standards of quality and workmanship as well. That too, at very affordable rates. Therefore, the next time you need blinds for your property, get in touch with us. Call us at 0403 637 912 for more details.