We do it all !
Blindman Sydney, a trusted name in the world of window furnishings, has been serving the community for over three decades. As a family-owned business, we pride ourselves on delivering custom-made, high-quality Blinds, Curtains, Venetians, Roller Blinds, Plantation Shutters and more.
Our commitment to excellence is evident in every product we offer!
Review our curated FAQ list, designed to provide clarity and insights, ensuring you make an informed decision that aligns with your vision and needs. Your journey to impeccable window elegance starts here.
We are an Australian owned company with a Sydney based factory where we manufacture a number of our products. All our blinds, curtains, awnings, and security doors are manufactured locally in Sydney. We use Australian materials wherever possible. Customers have a choice of Australian made or quality imported shutters supplied by an Australian company.
We have a normal waiting time of 2-3 weeks for most blinds, curtains, awnings, and security doors. Australian made plantation shutters and roller shutters normally take 4-5 weeks to be installed. Imported plantation shutters are normally ready 6-8 weeks from the date of check measure.
Yes, we are happy to provide you with an estimated quotation from your house plans or your window sizes. This can be very useful when you are budgeting for the costs involved in a new build. Just email us your house plans or window schedule together with details of which products you are interested in. Our estimating team will send you a quote together with links to our products to assist you with your selections.
Blind fabrics come with a 5-10 year warranty depending on the range selected. Prowler Proof security doors and grills have a 10-year warranty. There is a 16-year warranty on Amplimesh Supascreen products. Plantation shutters have different warranties. UPF poly shutters attract a 25-year warranty. Basswood has a 5-year warranty, and there is a 10-year warranty on Aluminium shutters.
Our range of window coverings all provide insulation which will help to keep your house cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Plantation and roller shutters in particular both have excellent thermal properties. Our broad range of blockout fabrics are also very effective insulators leading to large savings on your power bills.
All our chain operated blinds come with child safe holders to ensure safety in your home and that they comply with child safety regulations. We also have child safe wand operation for curtains and our vertical blinds. Alternatively, we can motorise most window coverings if you prefer.
Yes, we have a range of discounts tailored for new homes. Our aim is to ensure you receive very competitive pricing and terrific value for your window furnishings.
We service the Sydney metropolitan area. We are conveniently located close to suburbs in the Hawkesbury, Hills district, Penrith, and North Shore. We are happy to attend areas outside the Sydney metropolitan area for qualified enquiries at our discretion.
We are happy to assist with commercial and government projects. We have supplied builders, developers, aged care homes, government tenders and schools for many years.
There are a few differences between Poly and Basswood Plantation Shutters to consider prior to deciding which type to order. To most people the two types of shutters look the same to the eye. The differences are listed below:
– Poly Shutters cost about 25% less than Basswood shutters.
– Basswood shutters are lighter than Poly shutters.
– Poly shutters are easier to maintain than Basswood shutters.
– Poly shutters have a limited colour range whereas Basswood shutters can be painted or stained in a large range of colours.
– Basswood shutters are not suitable for wet areas and in these rooms Poly shutters should be used.
– Due to the lighter weight Basswood shutters can be made in wider panels than Poly shutters.
– Poly shutters come with a 25 year material warranty and Basswood shutters come with a 5 year material warranty.
– Poly shutters are better insulators than Basswood.
– Poly shutters supplied by Blindman have an aluminium core which gives stability and prevents warping.
– Basswood is the best choice when wood shutters are desired as they have a strong uniform grain which will not warp.
– Basswood is a renewable resource and basswood trees are growing faster than they can be harvested.
– Basswood shutters have a natural warmth and character created from the real wood grain which cannot be replicated by poly.