isitors to a house seldom fail to get impressed when they spot venetian blinds in the house. For several years, people have been using blinds to make their homes attractive and aesthetically pleasing. Blinds do not just help homeowners control the amount of light that enters their homes. They also help in enhancing the levels of privacy, security and insulation in the house.
For these reasons, the use of blinds in houses has become extremely popular. So much so, that if you were to visit the nearest blinds and shutters store in Castle Hill and other areas in Sydney, you would come across a wide variety of blinds. Depending on your requirements, you could select blinds made from different kinds of wood e.g. timber, bamboo etc. You could even select blinds based on the type of finish or the colour, depending entirely on your personal tastes and preferences.
What are the Most Popular Varieties of Blinds that Homeowners Like Using in their Homes?
If you require awesome window treatment ideas for embellishing your windows, you can’t go wrong with blinds. As mentioned earlier, you could find blinds in a myriad of colours and fabrics quite easily in your local store. From blinds made of cloth to wood and from steel to plastic blinds, a good shop would be able to offer you immense variety. The type of blind you opt for will imbue your space with a distinctive look. For example, if you use plastic or wooden blinds, you would make your space look professional. In contrast, by selecting wooden or plastic blinds, you would imbue your space with warmth and elegance.
The most popular kinds of blinds used these days include:
- Venetian Blinds: These typically have wide slats. You could consider painting them in any hue for complementing your home interiors.
- Roller Blinds: Available in several fabrics and colours, these blinds possess great insulation features. They can keep the heat out in the summers and the cold in winters.
- Roman Blinds: These blinds function in a similar manner to roller blinds. However, you could paint or stain them to complement or match your flooring or other aspects of the room.
- Outdoor Blinds: If you want protection from the rains and the harsh light of the sun, consider using these blinds.
- Pleated Blinds: These are ideal for use in recreational vehicles, boats, cars etc. They allow you to alternate from a semi-transparent state to a full blackout state, depending on the privacy you require.
The Benefits of Venetian Blinds
Timber venetian blinds are stylish wooden window treatments. However, despite being very simple, they offer many benefits. These include:
- Enabling you to control the amount of light entering indoors
- Protecting the occupants from the dangerous rays of the sun that heighten the risk of cancer from ultraviolet radiation as well as ageing
- Giving you high levels of privacy and security, from outsiders
In addition, timber venetians often comprise recyclable wooden material. Thus, they provide greater utility value, without burning a hole in your wallet. These blinds offer high levels of insulation, which in turn, leads to lower power consumption expenses. Maintaining these blinds is also very easy. A simple dusting is often all that they need. Above all, these blinds are very durable, which means that they can usually last for years.
Are You Looking for Venetian or Roller Blinds in Sydney?
Since 1989, Blindman Pty Limited has been a leading provider of blinds and shutters to clients all over northwest Sydney. We offer a wide range of shutters and blinds, which you could use in your houses. We also offer a variety of packages aimed at builders, investors etc. In addition, we maintain high standards of quality and workmanship as well. That too, at very affordable rates. Therefore, the next time you need blinds, give us a call at 0403 637 912.