Décor is an important element of any home or office. For many people, a house is the biggest investment in their lives. Finding the perfect house is not easy. Paying for it is not simple either. It usually takes years before people can pay off the mortgages on their homes. Even in commercial offices, property owners take great pride in the interior and exterior décor of their properties. From wooden flooring and marble tiles to plantation shutters, many buildings in Penrith and other areas highlight the importance of décor in a building.
Clients, business delegates, associates and suppliers often visit offices in the course of work. This is why it is important to decorate your property in a way to create the best ambience. Often times, the décor of your home or office (or the lack of it) could reflect on you as the property or business owner.
Window Blinds – An Effective Solution for Window-Dressing Woes
For years, people have relied on window blinds for decorating their windows and to provide protection from the sun. These days there are many window decorating options for any room. A visit to the local blind shop would reveal the plethora of options you could come across, when it comes to finding the best blinds for your home or office.
At a casual glance, the most popular kinds of blinds used nowadays include:
- Roller Blinds: These blinds are in widespread use in houses and commercial properties. They come in a wide range of colours and designs. They are also stylish, simple and easy to adapt in different parts of the house. These blinds are a modern and economical option for any property.
- Vertical (or Track) Blinds: Vertical blinds are widely popular in Blacktown and the surrounding areas. These blinds comprise vertical hanging slats that the manufacturers attach to a track. These blinds are a great option for controlling the amount of natural light entering indoors.
- Roman Blinds: Made of soft fabrics, these blinds can accentuate the stylishness of your home or office interiors. Similar to roller blinds, you can move these blinds up and down for controlling the amount of sunlight that enters – based on your requirements.
- Venetian Blinds: These comprise horizontal slats that manufacturers attach one above the other. A chord remains attached to each slat. You can rotate these slats to an angle of 180 degrees to enable the entry of natural light indoors. Many people use these blinds in their bedrooms and bathrooms. This is because they provide higher levels of privacy, as you can close them completely. The material used for making these blinds is usually wood, polystyrene or aluminium.
What are Outdoor Blinds?
Many of the blinds listed above are especially suited for the interiors of a property. However, outdoor blinds are effective for the exteriors of the property. They prevent the entry of sunlight indoors in the summer. In winter, they serve to keep the chilly winds outside. In addition, they also enhance the privacy levels of the occupants of the house or office.
Outdoor blinds are very popular in Sydney and other major cities. You could use them for your patios, pools and other structures. They are also ideal for use in canopies and gazebos. They come in a wide range of shapes, sizes and colours. In addition, they can also provide some level of protection from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Typically made from materials like canvas and shadecloth, these blinds are durable and sturdy.
How Should One Go About Shopping for Outdoor Blinds?
When you go shopping for outdoor blinds, consider the following aspects:
- The Material: Manufacturers use a wide range of materials for making outdoor blinds. These include fabric such as canvas, polyester and vinyl. The latter is like polyester and has a glossy finished coating. This protects the blind from pollution and keeps it durable too. It also enables you to control the light, depending on the type you purchase e.g. translucent blinds or opaque blinds. The former allows the entry of light, while the latter blocks the entry of light indoors.
Similarly, acrylic fabric is idea for places experiencing high rainfall or humidity. Mesh is another material that can provide high levels of privacy.
- The Location: Consider the exact space where you want to use these blinds. Straight drop outdoor blinds keep the decorative posts or walls free from tracking. Thus, they are ideal for pathways. In contrast, wire-guided outdoor blinds are perfect for places that have limited space. In addition, they are ideal for spaces with limited access for securing the bottom of the blinds. These blinds do not have seals to attach them to the posts. Instead, the wire helps in retracting these blinds.
- The Style: In traditional houses, opt for common external blinds. These would include the auto-guided blinds, the straight-drop blinds and the auto-guided blinds that have a dual coloured stripe. Similarly, for modern houses that have minimalist designs, opt for outdoor sunscreen fabric from the various outdoor blinds available. This includes the straight-drop blinds placed on porches, pergolas etc. Alternatively, it comprises the auto-guided blinds and the wire-guided blinds too. The former is ideal for installing over windows. The latter represents a motorised version that is also suitable for placing over windows.
Do You Need Block Out Blinds in Sydney?
Since 1989, Blindman Pty Limited has been a leading provider of blinds and plantation shutters to clients all over northwest Sydney. We offer a wide range of shutters and blinds, which you could use in your houses. We guarantee the quality of each of our products.
Our home décor products will not only enhance the beauty and the value of your property. They will also last you for years and add substantial value to your home or commercial premises. Our skilled staff provide very high standards of workmanship and give each customer personal attention and guidance to help them choose the most suitable options for their needs. We also offer a variety of discounted packages aimed at builders, new home owners, investors etc. Therefore, the next time you need internal or external blinds. shutters, screens or security products, give us a call at 0403 637 912.