The best part of moving into your own house is that you can do just what you want. All too often, property owners give a list of various dos and don’ts to their tenants. This list eventually ends up preventing the tenants from imbuing the house with their personality. Thus, they cannot make any changes that might be permanent in nature. In some cases, the property owner might be extremely finicky. Thus, the tenants might not even be able to put in commonplace window decorations like timber venetians or double roller blinds on the windows of their house. In effect, the tenants do not have much leeway when it comes to decorating their house.
However, once people move into their own homes, they do not face any of these restrictions. They have the freedom of choosing the colour with which they could paint the house. They can choose the type of flooring and furniture they want. In addition, they can even choose which blinds to place on their windows.
Decorating Your Windows – Some Window Treatment Ideas to Help You Get Started
Many homeowners enjoy the activity of decorating their homes. They take immense pride in imbuing the house with accessories and other items that highlight their personal tastes and preferences. As a result, they will often spend their spare time in looking for ways to make their homes more elegant, tasteful and comfortable.
Similarly, many people find that decorating the windows is a fun and creative task. With the plethora of interior decorations magazines abounding, people now have access to a wide range of ways through which they could decorate their windows. However, not all homeowners are creatively inclined. Therefore, they might find themselves at sixes and sevens, when they find that their home has a classic casement window or even, an arched window. Oftentimes, these individuals will pay exorbitant fees to several home decorators or interior designers for helping them beautify these windows. However, they do not need to do this.
Decorating your windows usually boils down to just two questions, namely:
- Do you want to frame your window or,
- Do you want your window to give you greater levels of privacy
Determining the functionality of your windows, would help you find the solutions you seek. Nowadays, there are several options to choose from, whether you want a window treatment that fits in your window or goes around it. Some homeowners use mini-blinds with window shades that provide enhanced levels of privacy. That too, without compromising on your lighting requirements.
If you’re looking for affordable ways to decorate your windows, here are some tips to consider:
- If you live in an apartment and do not want to spend a lot of money for decorating your windows, opt for roman shades. These appear cooler to the eyes. In addition, the fabric enhances the elegance of the window and the room.
- Consider using sheer materials as this fabric is inexpensive. Sheer materials allow a lot of light to enter the room. However, they do not offer much privacy.
- Valances are easy and inexpensive to implement. You could use them for hiding your curtains or drapery hardware. They will also accentuate the natural appeal of your windows.
- Consider using cornices (especially made of wood)
- Use draperies for giving your home a sense of elegance and extravagance
Blindman – Your One-Stop Shop for Window Shopping
Whether you need sunscreen blinds Windsor or aluminium venetians, Blindman offers the best products at affordable rates. We stock all kinds of blinds you need for your homes. We also offer various packages for builders and investors.
For over 25 years now, we have been giving our clients the best value for their money. Therefore, call us at 0403 637 912, the next time you need ideas for decorating your windows.